Monday, February 18, 2013

Well sorry for the delay folks. Life has been pretty crazy around here.  So I have lots of pictures for you.

To start with, Marc and I are engaged.  He proposed on the 23rd of January, on our normal date night.  The evening was complete with my grumps from a migraine and a very long week.  I guess he knows what he's getting in to.  You can check out our wedding website for the full story.
Shortly after the engagement, as in a matter of hours it started raining, and raining, and raining.  I have never seen rain like this, and apparently neither has Bundaberg, because it caused the worst flood on record.  People were helicoptered out of houses, Bundaberg was isolated from the world.  It was unbelievable.  They are calling it the worse natural disaster Bundaberg has ever had.  I won't type all the details here, but I will post pictures, and am happy to tell you more if you'd like.  You should all be very glad I can't upload a smell :)






It may be hard to get perspective on theses, but everything you are seeing usually is completely dry.  The shopping center that is flooded, usually has a parking garage, which you can't even see the door for, as it is underwater. 

1 comment:

  1. I know what it is like when a lot of water hits a very dry land. So did you go barefoot or in galoshes?

    ReplyDelete