Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Well Folks, unsurprisingly I am already behind, but I have a good excuse, and 2 pictures to make up for it.  Marc and I traveled to far North Queensland last week, where we had a fabulous time.  I was able to spend some out of the office time focusing on work.  I got lots of reading done, and am quite inspired to get back into the grind of the school year. The two pictures bellow are two of my favorites from the trip.

This photo is of Marc and I in our stinger suits.  In North Queensland they have the sort of jellyfish that will kill you, so if you aren't on an netted beach (in this case an island we kayaked to), you have to wear the suits.  While they may not be stylish, they do make you feel like a ninja!
This second photo was taken in the rainforest off of the Kuranda rail.  The falls bellow I found to be so unique because they fall both out and then straight down in parts. It is a beautiful area, and makes me miss mountains!

2 comments:

  1. I love kuranda. Did you take the train up? I wish I'd known you were headed to Cairns. I would have made sure Lorna fed you one night!! <3 well, I would have asked her to anyway.
    I had a box jellyfish go down the front of my togs when I was there swimming outside the nets. Long story. Did end up with burn like stings all over. Had to see the doctor for steroid creme. A stinger suit would have been smart ( but I would probably just worry about my tan)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to call her, but the trip ended up so we just passed through during the day. I will definitely have to go back to explore more, and get that dinner.

      Delete