Thursday, January 19, 2012

Anticipation

It is finally snowing!  I have been in Spokane for almost 3 weeks, and the whole time I have been wishing for snow.  Ironically, it started snowing in Tacoma days before it did here.  I really love snow.  I think that it is beautiful and peaceful, and I find it has a huge impact on my emotions.  These last 3 weeks, I have felt restless and bored, and now I feel at peace and reflective.

It's a funny thing getting ready to move your entire life to to another country.  My two do list was two pages long.  Slowly but surely I cross things off the list.  Now, with each thing that gets crossed off I am more and more anxious to go.  Excited for this next chapter and all the adventure it brings.

Equally as strange, is cutting all the ties from your life that existed before.  Trying to explain to your old job, that you don't still have information for them with you since you no longer work for them.  Or facing the fact that many of the people you see now, you won't for a significant amount of time.  Saying good-bye has never been a strong suit of mine, and to have to say goodbye to all those closest to me, both friends and family, leaves me with a heavy heart. 

At this moment I do know that if Australia brings me half as much happiness of the snow I have been so longing for, it will be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment