Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wipers, Indicators and Olypmics. Oh my!

So yet again it has been a while since I have posted.  I seem to find that life in Australia, is just starting to feel normal, and not quite so bloggable.  Then when I remember that I am living in Australia, and you are not, I decide I might have something to share.

Let's start with my trip home.  It was totally wonderful to be home and see everyone.  It made me feel like I was grounded again.  Like things were familiar again and like perhaps things just hadn't changed so much with out me.  Yet when it was time to leave, I was ready to go.  My life is not at home right now.  People I care deeply about are, but they have lives in the states, and I don't.  I have a wonderful life here in the land of OZ.

Although I will admit there was some reverse culture shock.  Mainly while driving.  The entire time I was home, every-time I went to turn I would attempt to turn on my blinker on whichever side of the steering wheel I was about to turn. This pattern continued for about 2 weeks after my return to Australia.  I must say it is a bit alarming to have your windshield whippers start unexpectedly.

My other big culture shock as of late has been watching the Olympics.  I have not seen any non-Australians compete in anything but swimming. As Australia is not very good at gymnastics, or diving I am finding it is like the Olympics aren't happening. If I paid for my tv coverage I could watch all the medal events, but as I don't I am stuck watching lots of swimming, rowing, field hockey and equestrian events.  I did see part of one beach volleyball game and a bit of basketball. The announcers are great, but I don't even see the non-australian competition.  It's a bit too much green and gold from this view.

Well that's all I have for now.  Please comment if you have anything you would like to me write about, and I will try and post sooner next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment